It is clear to us that the coronavirus is a constantly evolving public health threat and is of major concern to most Americans. The Renfrew Center is committed to taking any and all steps to protect its patients and staff from contracting this illness.
We developed a COVID-19 Task Force that has been working diligently to ensure that this absence of contagion in our facilities continues.
- Screening all potential patients for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Requiring COVID-19 testing for all patients prior to admission.
- Testing all patients and family members/support persons on day of admission for COVID-19.
- Allowing only adolescents/adults 23 years-old and under to have one parent/guardian participate in the day of admission process.
- Requiring all patients to wear face coverings while in treatment. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Requiring new patients to wear cloth face coverings the first 14 days on campus. (Coconut Creek, FL)
- Reporting that more than 95% of The Renfrew Center staff are vaccinated.
- Requiring all staff to take their temperature before coming to work and, at work, always wearing face masks.
- Having medical grade HEPA filters in communal spaces including dining and group rooms.
- Using social distancing markers on campus to promote social distancing of patients during treatment.
- Permitting no visitors in the buildings. Only patients and essential medical staff are allowed in the residence buildings. All deliveries must be received outside.
- Educating and re-educating current patients and staff about hand and respiratory hygiene and social distancing.
- Continuing implementation of increased attention to hand hygiene before meals and snacks is in effect.
- All residents are required to use hand sanitizer before entering the dining room and going through the food line.
- Residents are required to wash their hands before starting any group involving food.
- Upgrading the methods and materials for cleaning our facility each night and throughout the day, to augment the hygiene measures that have always been a priority of our janitorial teams.
- Supporting family connections with family therapy sessions, visitation hours and Family Day conducted through a virtual platform.