Spring is here, and that means strawberries are officially in season! If you’re looking for a fun new way to incorporate the fruit into your meals or are just craving something new this Spinach Strawberry Salad is the perfect recipe to try. It can be thrown together in a matter of minutes, but it doesn’t skimp on flavor—the spinach, strawberries, red onion, and poppy seed-mustard dressing come together beautifully for the perfect mix of tangy and tart. You can even add chicken for extra protein!
This recipe serves 4 and is perfect for a picnic in the park or family dinner at home. For more fun and healthy recipes, check out Cooking with Renfrew!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP onion, chopped
- 1 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP dry mustard
- 1 ½ TSP poppy seeds
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh spinach, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- Place oil, sugar, vinegar, chopped onions, salt, dry mustard, and poppy seeds in a bowl.
- Whisk for several minutes until completely emulsified and thickened.
- Transfer to serving dish and cover. Chill.
- Combine spinach, strawberries, and red onion in large bowl.
- Stir dressing to re-emulsify if necessary.
- Toss salad with chilled dressing and serve.