Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
The Renfrew Center's Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is an innovative and dynamic treatment option developed particularly for women who need a strong adjunct to outpatient therapy to support their recovery.
The Renfrew Center’s Intensive Outpatient Program:
- Serves as an excellent "step-down" for adolescents and women transitioning from residential or day treatment programs or as a "step-up" from individual or group therapy.
- Meets three evenings a week so that participants can pursue their regular daytime activities.
- Is group-based and includes coping skills development, interpersonal process, psychoeducational and expressive psychotherapy components.
- Includes one meal a day that is led by a therapist or nutritionist and is designed to address eating and socialization issues.
- Encourages participants to use the support of the therapeutic community to develop and practice new coping skills.