The Renfrew Center’s Day Treatment Program offers another intensive therapy option and is held either five or seven days a week, depending upon the site location. Day Treatment is designed for adolescents and women leaving residential care who require additional structure in order to continue their recovery, or for clients whose clinical condition does not require acute residential care but can benefit from intensive structure and support.
At The Renfrew Center’s Day Treatment Program:
- A personalized treatment plan, including individual, family and group therapy, is designed for each client's specific needs and goals.
- Therapy groups are psychoeducational, psychodynamic or experiential and focus on such topics as self-esteem, substance abuse, grief and loss, sexuality, surviving trauma, family patterns, body image, interpersonal relationships, assertiveness, nutrition and eating patterns.
- Group work and a therapeutic community are key elements. Each woman is encouraged to experience the support of Renfrew’s professional and peer community and to draw strength from the power of interpersonal connections.
- Two meals a day are included. They are led by a therapist or nutritionist and are designed to address eating and socialization issues.
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management are available, as are clinically indicated follow-up consultations.