Virtual 2 CE Seminar for Northern NJ Professionals: The Unified Family - Working Together in Treatment
August 14, 2020, 8:45 AM - 11:00 AM
The Unified Family: Working Together in Treatment
Presented by: Angela Kaloudis, LMHC, NCC
Clinical Training Specialist for The Renfrew Center
Note: Space is limited. This online seminar is open to professionals
residing in the Northern New Jersey area only.
Held Online via Zoom
(A link will be emailed out prior to the event)
Attendees will need access to wi-fi, and a device with a camera, microphone and audio capabilities.
Offering 2 CE Credits
Families and others in a supportive role may often feel confused by how to help their loved one outside the scope of treatment, especially when unexpected life events—like COVID-19—occur. Even for those with the best of intentions, being in a supportive role is not always easy, and many find themselves walking on eggshells. A Unified Treatment Model provides families and friends with the opportunity to learn alongside their loved ones and acquire the tangible structure and skills outside of treatment.
This 2 CE training will highlight The Renfrew Center’s Unified Treatment Model for Eating Disorders®, a transdiagnostic evidence-based approach modified for family treatment. Attendees will learn key concepts from this treatment model to utilize with families.
About the Presenter:
Angela Kaloudis, LMHC, NCC, is a Clinical Training Specialist for The Renfrew Center and maintains a small private practice near Boston, Massachusetts. She received her Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine from Boston University School of Medicine. She specializes in eating disorders, substance use disorders, and trauma and has spoken about these topics in a variety of settings. Additionally, she is a professional member of The International Association Of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP) and the Multi-Service Eating Disorders Association (MEDA).
- Explain the role of emotion science, the maintaining factors of eating disorders and how supports will be building their own awareness in recovery.
- Provide specific evidence-based principles that can be integrated into family work.
- Explain the common care-giver styles and responses to use with families.
8:45 am - 9:00 am: Introduction.
9:00 am - 10:20 am: Role of family in the treatment of eating disorders; Overview of the evidence-based modalities chosen for family therapy; Defining Family, outlining common avoidance strategies, finding family trouble spots; Discussing Emotion Coaching and Recovery Coaching for families; Review of Animal Models, Experiential Avoidance.
10:20 am - 10:45 am: Experiential with attendees using double arc, with case example.
10:45 am - 11:00 am: Questions.
- The Renfrew Center Foundation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Renfrew Center Foundation maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
- The Renfrew Center Foundation has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5852. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Renfrew Center Foundation is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Continuing Education Credits for social workers have been applied for and are pending approval by the National Association of Social Workers for 2 Continuing Education Credits.
- Continuing Education Credits for registered dietitians are offered pending approval by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- New Jersey Social Workers: an application has been submitted for consideration. Please contact Kelly Krausz at 1-877-367-3383 for more information on the NJ Course Approval.
-Participants must attend the training, in full, and complete an evaluation to earn CE credit.
-Participants will be able to interact in the training by using the chat function and participating
in live Q&A.
-To request ADA accommodations please contact Kelly Krausz at email@example.com.
-The course content is at the beginner to intermediate level.
CE credits will be sent via email within two weeks after the online seminar evaluation has been completed.
For questions, please contact Kelly Krausz at firstname.lastname@example.org.