#Triggered: Social Media Literacy and Eating Disorder Recovery
Friday, February 11, 2022 • 8:45 am - 10:30 am (ET)
Free | Live Interactive Training
Offering 1.5 CE Credits
Note: This online training is open to professionals residing in Kentucky, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia only.
Presented by: Samantha DeCaro, PsyD - Director of Clinical Outreach & Education, The Renfrew Center
Held Online via Zoom
Attendees will need access to wi-fi, and a device with a camera, microphone and audio capabilities.
About the Training
This 1.5 CE training will provide an overview of popular social media platforms, including a review of the recent research on the intersection of social media, eating disorders, and body image. Providers can help clients maximize the benefits of social media and reduce its potential harm by using tools such as the Antecedent-Response-Consequence timeline (ARC) and the Social Media Literacy Checklist.
As a result of this presentation participants will be able to:
- Define Social Media Literacy and identify 5-7 social media red flags that can potentially interfere with eating disorder treatment and recovery.
- Describe an example of one group therapy activity using the Social Media Literacy Checklist.
- Explain the three steps of the Antecedent-Response-Consequence (ARC) intervention from Renfrew’s Unified Treatment Model to help clients identify specific antecedents and emotionally driven behaviors associated with social media use.
- The Renfrew Center Foundation has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5852. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Renfrew Center Foundation is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Renfrew Center Foundation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Renfrew Center Foundation maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
- Continuing Education Credits for registered dietitians are approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886357583-4327) for 1.5 continuing education contact hours.
CE credit/contact hour certificates will be sent via email within two weeks after the online seminar evaluation has been completed.
For questions, please contact Kaitlin McFadden at [email protected].
About the Presenter
Samantha DeCaro, PsyD, is the Director of Clinical Outreach and Education for The Renfrew Center. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at LaSalle University, and her Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology in San Diego, CA. She has been with Renfrew since 2012, completing her post-doctoral residency at The Renfrew Center Philadelphia – Spring Lane, then holding the position of Primary Therapist, and most recently serving as Assistant Clinical Director. As Renfrew’s national spokesperson, Dr. DeCaro has been featured in the media as an eating disorder expert on various television shows, radio programs, podcasts, and online magazines. She is a frequent lecturer and serves as the Alumni Representative for The Renfrew Center of Philadelphia.
Free | Professional Webinar
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (ET)
Free | Live In-person Event
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm (ET)
Free | Live Interactive Training
Offering 2 CE Credits
Note: This online training is open to professionals residing on the West Coast.
Talk with a Program Information Specialist at the number above to learn more about our
services and to schedule an assessment. Or, fill out the information below and we will contact you.