Eat, Escape, Regret, Repeat. Concrete Mindfulness Interventions for Binge Eating Disorder
Friday, June 17, 2022 • 8:45 am - 11:00 am (ET)
Free | Live Interactive Training
Offering 2 CE Credits
Note: This online training is open to professionals residing in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia only.
Presented by: Samantha DeCaro, PsyD - Director of Clinical Outreach & Education, The Renfrew Center
Held Online via Zoom
Attendees will need access to wi-fi, and a device with a camera, microphone and audio capabilities.
About the Training
Mindfulness, also known as present-focused awareness, is the practice of anchoring into the present moment and observing one’s inner and outer world without judgment. Following a brief overview of the true goals of mindfulness and a review of the DSM-V criteria for Binge Eating Disorder (BED), this virtual 2 CE presentation will provide clarity as to how mindfulness practice can be used as a powerful tool in the treatment of BED.
Content will provide skills for both client and clinician to effectively anchor into all components of their emotional experiences. Attendees will discover the process by which BED symptoms may become maladaptive behavioral strategies that allow clients to escape from their primary or secondary emotional experiences. Concrete interventions for effective application and integration into clinicians’ own personal treatment style will be provided to enhance recovery with this complex population.
- The Renfrew Center Foundation has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5852. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Renfrew Center Foundation is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Renfrew Center Foundation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Renfrew Center Foundation maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
- Continuing Education Credits for registered dietitians are approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886357583-4763) for 2 continuing education contact hours.
- New Jersey Social Workers: an application has been approved for up to 2 CE credits. Please contact Kaitlin McFadden at 1-877-367-3383 for more information on the NJ Course Approval.
- Participants must attend the training, in full, and complete an evaluation to earn CE credit
- Participants will be able to interact in the training by using the chat function and participating in live Q&A.
- To request ADA accommodations please contact Kaitlin McFadden at [email protected].
- The course content is at the beginner to intermediate level.
CE credit/contact hour certificates will be sent via email within two weeks after the online seminar evaluation has been completed.
For questions, please contact Kaitlin McFadden at [email protected].
About the Presenter
Samantha DeCaro, PsyD, is the Director of Clinical Outreach and Education for The Renfrew Center and is a licensed psychologist in Pennsylvania. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at LaSalle University, and her Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology in San Diego, CA. She has been with Renfrew since 2012, completing her post-doctoral residency at The Renfrew Center Philadelphia – Spring Lane, then holding the position of Primary Therapist, and most recently serving as Assistant Clinical Director. As Renfrew’s national spokesperson, Dr. DeCaro has been featured in the media as an eating disorder expert on various television shows, radio programs, podcasts, and online magazines. She is a frequent lecturer and serves as the Alumni Representative for The Renfrew Center of Philadelphia.
Talk with a Program Information Specialist at the number above to learn more about our
services and to schedule an assessment. Or, fill out the information below and we will contact you.