Eating disorders are the most deadly of all mental illnesses, and among the most difficult to treat. The Renfrew Center Foundation has accepted the challenge to fight the devastating effects these disorders have on individuals and families.
The Renfrew Center Foundation Mission:
The Renfrew Center Foundation is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization advancing eating disorders education, prevention, research, advocacy, and treatment.
We advance our mission by:
- Providing professional training and educational opportunities for mental health and medical professionals
- Creating awareness in the general public by developing educational seminars and publications and participating in media-related activities
- Conducting research into the pathology and recovery patterns of people with eating disorders
- Educating policy makers to remove barriers to treatment
- Providing assistance for women and girls