Community Event: This is ME - Orlando, FL
February 26, 2019, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Free Community Event to Celebrate National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
This is ME - The Unfiltered Truth!
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: The Renfrew Center of Orlando
3452 Lake Lynda Drive, Building 100, Suite 120 • Orlando, FL 32817
Social media users are frequently bombarded with messages from so-called successful “models” promoting diet culture, unrealistic body standards and the pressure to hide or disguise what we view as our unacceptable true selves. As a society, we must work together to discern truth from the media’s false standards of perfection.
Join us for an interactive event where you will:
- Explore the messages you receive about how you should look, act and feel
- Address the unfiltered truth about nutrition
- Discuss the impact social media has on our body image and self-worth
- Identify positive influencers that will enhance our pride, respect and self-compassion for our authentic selves
- Participate in a mask art activity that represents how we portray ourselves on social media
Light refreshments will be served.
TO REGISTER, please contact Paige Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your location (Orlando).