Community Event: This is ME - Baltimore, MD
February 26, 2019, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Free Community Event to Celebrate National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
This is ME - The Unfiltered Truth!
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: The Renfrew Center of Baltimore
The Exchange Building Second Floor Conference Room
1122 Kenilworth Ave • Towson, MD 21204
Social media users are frequently bombarded with messages from so-called successful “models” promoting diet culture, unrealistic body standards and the pressure to hide or disguise what we view as our unacceptable true selves. As a society, we must work together to discern truth from the media’s false standards of perfection.
Join us for an interactive event where you will:
- Hear from Renfrew alumni and supports as they share their own personal stories of truth
- Explore the messages you receive about how you should look, act and feel
- Debunk the diet culture’s lies and promises
- Discuss the impact social media has on our body image and self-worth
- Identify positive influencers that will enhance our pride, respect and self-compassion for our authentic selves
Light refreshments will be served.
TO REGISTER, please contact Jess Willard Ayer, LCSW-C at email@example.com.