Alumni Event: This is ME - Pittsburgh, PA
February 27, 2019, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Special Event for Renfrew Patients, Alumni & Supports
to Celebrate National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
This is ME - The Unfiltered Truth!
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Time: 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm (during MFG)
Location: The Renfrew Center of Pittsburgh
201 N. Craig Street, Suite 503 • Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Social media users are frequently bombarded with messages from so-called successful “models” promoting diet culture, unrealistic body standards and the pressure to hide or disguise what we view as our unacceptable true selves. As a society, we must work together to discern truth from the media’s false standards of perfection.
Join us for an interactive event where you will:
- Explore the messages you receive about how you should look, act and feel
- Address the unfiltered truth about nutrition
- Discuss the impact social media has on our body image and self-worth
- Identify positive influencers that will enhance our pride, respect and self-compassion for our authentic selves
- Hear from a Renfrew alumna and support as they share their own personal story of truth
TO REGISTER, please contact Paige Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your location (Pittsburgh).